Project, 1996

Starting on a blank note. I was procrastinating since forever, as I wasn't sure what it was that I wanted to do. But I'm quite sure right now, not in any other aspects of my life but in this space. I have always loved writing, but many things stopped me along the way.

For one, I guess I have admitted defeat to myself for not being able to write for a living. My command of English isn't that good as I have grown up having really low self-esteem and self-confidence (which I never noticed till certain people I met along the way pointed it out). I never tried improving myself as I have always thought that it's futile, I will never be as good as others who was born talented in languages. As a result of that, my English probably never improved since I was in Secondary School.

But after a series of events, I realise that I do love writing. I love reading others writing, and I live to read. Because of the things that has been going on in my life previously, I haven't been reading books much but I'm always online reading stuff, and I love finally finding people who produces quality content.

I have written diaries when I was a kid but I have threw them away (because I used to be someone who grow up and think my writings were trash but I regret throwing them away now). I kept a diary since Mid-2015 till now though, and I write in it occasionally. There's no line in that diary, and it keeps me writing limitlessly. It works better than having lines which I will be more conscious to stick to having better handwriting and writing neatly and straight. I begun blogging since 2005 (when I was just 9 years old, that was around the time the blogosphere started I guess). I have two blogs since, one that I have closed and another that I still constantly update so that I can look back on my life, event by event, adventures by adventures.

However, something's missing. I want to write something close to my heart, something I wouldn't be conscious of whether there are people reading it or not. Something that I want to document from the perspective of a girl who was born in 1996. I have no idea what's going to come out of this documentation, but I do know that it will be of things that we can appreciate from being born in this era.

One day, I hope that there can be a collection of things that people can appreciate in the era I am born in. With the internet, I believe there are many things people can find if they want to, but I want something personal, something of my own, of everything I love and have loved.

With the time I have on my hands now, I hope to do something both online and offline. I am probably not going to tell anyone around me because it will then make me conscious of what I am doing and I won't be doing it for me, but others.

All you have to know about me is that I'm currently 22 years old, and I have left everything behind (my job, and the things I have achieved in the past 4 years) and am currently studying part-time in a local university, starting from square one. I'm thankful that I am not alone as I am surrounded by the people I love. But, I'm alone, into pursuing a future by myself.

I have decided that whatever my future is going to be (which I am currently unsure about), I will work on improving myself and also continue to write (whether I write well or not) because it is all about doing what you love. I'm going to share about everything I love in this space, and I really don't know if it's worth it, but I just want to do it. So...

Welcome to my Project, 1996.

Comments